It’s hard to believe but over 70% of your immune system is located in your gut and maintaining good gut health contributes to better overall health and immune function.
You might not connect digestive problems with skin issues, allergies, autoimmune diseases, psychological disorders or even your response to the common cold, however many seemingly unrelated illnesses may be linked to poor gut health.
Here are some quick wins for optimising your gut health:
- Eat a whole foods plant-rich diet
- Every meal should include two-thirds vegetables
- Only use healthy fats to cook with (olive oil, avocado oil, ghee)
- Consciously increase fibre at every meal
- Get more sleep and reduce stress
- Prioritise movement, especially outdoors
- Incorporate fermented foods into the family’s diet – try adding a daily dose of an Akesi tonic.
Sometimes being told to ‘eat well’ isn’t as easy as it sounds. For the fussy eater, try to hide as many vegetables in meals as possible, and instead of fermented food try adding a daily dose of our naturally fermented tonics.
There’s an Akesi product for all ages and all taste buds, what’s even better is that Akesi products can fit in with your current routine – they can be enjoyed with or without food, any time of day.
With free delivery in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong, and fast international shipping worldwide, there really is no easier way to support good gut health.