If you don’t yet follow Nicole (@kalejunkie) you’re missing out! Here at Team Akesi we LOVE Nicole’s recipes. Below is a favourite of ours, we love the texture and the flavour…. and that it has zucchini inside yet you would never guess – it will keep your taste buds and your gut bugs happy!
- 1 and 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (70% or darker)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium size zucchini, peeled then finely grated (about 1/2-3/4 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper (use coconut oil on the inside first).
- Finely grate the zucchini and then press it between paper towels to remove extra moisture.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, cacao, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix well the melted coconut oil, eggs, almond butter, and maple syrup (or coconut sugar).
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Lightly mix (fold) in the zucchini and the chocolate chips. Batter should be thick.
- Pour batter into the loaf tin and use a spatula to make sure it’s spread evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes and allow to cool on a rack.